25KG Bag of Powder
KEANE Lumina is a beautiful crisp white porcelain. We have used the most expensive micro-fine iron-free bentonite with the brightest firing kaolins. The result is a silky smooth white body with a glossy finish. Thin pieces will be amazingly translucent.
- Mix the slip well with a mechanical mixer taking care not to introduce air which may appear later as pinholes in the fired object.
- Time how long you leave the slip to cast for consistent results.
- Trim the spare 10 minutes after draining the slip from the mold or as soon as the slip looses its gloss to stop the rim tearing. Use a thin cutting tool.
- Cast evenly, dribbles of slip or uneven wall thickness will cause distortion in the firing.
- Lumina?is porcelaneous, translucent and hence slightly pyroplastic at cone 10. To avoid warpage make sure your casts are even and your setters and shelves are flat.
See our downloads for more information