Mother of Pearl is a lustre, an overglaze; it is applied over a shiny fired glaze of any color. (Copper glazes should not be used).
Note: This product is only nontoxic after firing. Work in a well-ventilated area when applying to your piece.
- Do not stir or shake.
- Place a small amount of Mother of Pearl on a glazed palette:
- For a swirled look, swirl on one coat, overlapping strokes.
- For a smooth look, brush on all strokes in the same direction.
- Use a soft brush like a Deerfoot Stippler that has been designated for Mother-of-Pearl.
- Correct application should produce a light blue tint over applied area. A very dark blue means the Mother of Pearl is applied too heavily.
- Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 020.
- Clean brush in thinner/cleaner and let dry.